... A private firm funded by Google Inc launched its Web-based DNA test in Europe on Tuesday, hoping to build on a successful start in the United States, where the $999 service went on sale in November.
Subscribers to 23andMe mail a saliva sample and, four to six weeks later, get the results online, allowing them to learn about inherited traits, their ancestry and -- probably with the help of a professional -- some of their personal disease risks....
• Could Your Dentist Be Drilling for Dollars?
• Best sites for finding online coupons
• Huge interest cut: 3/4 of a point
• Clinton Nods off During Service to Honor MLK
• 6 accused in cheap-gas scheme
• Do It Yourself! Amateurs Bank on Porn
• Banks: No Hats, Hoods or Sunglasses
• 7'7 360 lbs, College hoops giant so big he can't drive a car
• Man in hospital scrubs throws toddler from Hawaii overpass
Way beyond reading. Help write the news. Start a Newsvine column.
Join Newsvine now!