Members of the secretive Freemasons in Washington, D.C., whose hidden symbols in government buildings are featured in two hit "National Treasure" movies, have found a way to cash in on the popularity of the films by giving their own public tours of the Capitol.
... in both flicks, Benjamin Franklin Gates (Nicholas Cage) and his cohorts freely use clues and symbols associated with the secretive group to "unearth hidden history and treasure."
The excitement generated by the films has prompted members of the Washington, D.C. Freemasons Lodge to market their own tour of the Capitol www.masonictours.com and to point out the dozens and dozens of Masonic symbols that are interwoven in the history of the city and visible in its monuments.
• Obama Will Win Nomination
• Superdelegate Says Switching Not an Option
• Bride dies during marriage's first dance
• Female Deputy Sat On Ex-Girlfriend
• Is the Word 'Pimp' Still Offensive
• Florida High School Gives Every School Weekend Detention?
Way beyond reading. Help write the news. Start a Newsvine column.
Join Newsvine now!