There is more to fighting a cold than taking Tylenol and eating chicken noodle soup with a glass of orange juice.
In fact, some foods, like that glass of OJ, might not help you feel better at all.
Many nutritionists recommend that you avoid eating a lot of solid foods when you are fighting off a cold.
"I would certainly say eating less would be better than eating lots of food," said Anusha Amen-Ra, a certified nutritionist and director of Sacred Space Healing and Retreat Center in Anderson Springs, Calif.
Dan Pommerich, owner of Good N' Natural Wellness Center in Appleton, Wis., agreed that eating less when you have a cold can help you recover faster.
"When you're sick, you want to cleanse. You don't want to put heavy foods into your system," said Pommerich.
So, if not food, what should you be putting into your body, and what should you avoid?
• Woman Dies On Flight To New York
• Deputy Accused Of Head-Butting Woman
• Woman Accused Of Selling Sick Pets from her Website
• Worst Credit Cards Deals
• Georgia couple win $270 million lottery
• Will Any Candidate Be Ready Day One?
• 100 Voyeur Videos Of UCF Co-Eds Cause Concern
Way beyond reading. Help write the news. Start a Newsvine column.
Join Newsvine now!