Are Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith and Kimora Lee Simmons the new celebrity faces of Scientology? The case is certainly made in "Scientology Under Siege," Radar magazine's April cover story.
In the piece, the magazine said, "The Church has also set its sights on African Americans, opening up a center in Harlem in 2003 and making a strong play for Hollywood supercouple Will Smith and Jada Pinkett."
Despite a fervent denial from Smith's rep—"I can tell you with 100 percent certainty this is not true"—sources close to Smith earlier told this column that the actor definitely is becoming a member of the religion. "He's been getting more and more involved (in Scientology)," said one source. "And it isn't just him, it's definitely Jada, too."
• Hackers steal credit card data stolen from supermarket chain
• Keep Your Salary Going Up Over Your Career
• Hostile Crowd Surrounds Police After Shooting
• Naked Man Goes on Rampage
• Tumor Makes Woman Beg for Death
• 15 tools every homeowner should own
• Guard Sexually Assaulted Spring Breaker, Pushed Her Off Balcony
• 13-Year-Old Boy: Teacher Made Me Urinate In Lunch Box In Class
• Thief Steals Disabled Boy's Wheelchair During Soccer Tournament
Way beyond reading. Help write the news. Start a Newsvine column.
Join Newsvine now!